Friday, January 6, 2012

Can’t Help But Share…

This is another little sweet nugget of truth that I read in Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling devotional, that again, I felt compelled to share.

January 6

“I AM ABLE to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine. Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me. Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark. The more extreme your circumstances, the  more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying, try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life.”

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than al we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3: 20-21

“The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.”Romans 8:6

“but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar of wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

“Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power for ever and ever!”  Revelation 5:13

I am humbled by the reminder that there is no limit to what God can accomplish. As our family walks through a seemingly scary and uncharted territory, it is so comforting to be reminded of this truth, I don’t need to be scared and think of what-ifs, but instead need to be positive and filled with hope! And also to be reminded that I simply need to do is TRUST, to not be discouraged but ask the Holy Spirit to take control over my heart…oh, how I wish this simple task was easier done than said!

God isn’t in the dark…even if I feel like I am. I so badly wish I could wiggle my nose and immediately know that everything will be okay…being reminded that time trains hearts is overwhelming…it is all part of a great lesson that ultimately will ‘train’ me to become more dependent on our Incredible Heavenly Father and less dependent on myself…as I do whole-heartedly believe that He can do far greater than I ever could imagine!

May this little nugget of truth bring your heart encouragement!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment