Monday, October 17, 2011

Reconnecting

Life in our new neck of the wood is continuing to fall into place…we are experiencing some resemblance of a routine, which is welcomed but still missing and craving time with our sweet sweet Texas community…missing Central Market meals, walks around TCU, Bible Study, coffee dates, etc etc.

Both C and I treasure the relationships that the Lord blessed us with in Texas…we know that new relationships up here will come with time, but I for one am feeling a bit ‘antsy’ when it comes to community and my desire to feel connected…and am thankful that God programmed us with the need for others!

With that said, in the past few days, the Lord has graciously blessed me with two opportunities to reconnect with friends from the past…such a gift.

Last week, a dear friend invited me to take a walk. We walked around one of my favorite lakes…drinking coffee and sharing life. She asked about my heart and simply listened…such a gift.

Later in the week, my cousin initiated a coffee date, it’s like she knew that would provide a little ‘pick-me-up’. C graciously watched the kiddos while I enjoyed the chance to converse about life and my heart without any kiddos distracting us…such a gift.

On Saturday, a few friends and kiddos joined us for breakfast.  The time couldn’t have been more crazy and chaotic as we watched kiddos run, play, eat, whine, laugh, tattle, scream and simply be kids. It was so surreal…and so fun!

Then today, a friend called and told me she was taking a personal day off from work to enjoy the day and invited B, A and I to the zoo and conservatory…seriously?! It was as if she knew how much  I was missing and craving community!

I enjoyed walking through the zoo as my memory was jogged from elementary school field trips, but even more enjoyed spending time with someone who I have shared history with and who I can continue to share history with…whose kids can grow up alongside ours…such a gift.

God knew I needed community outside our house this week…and He provided beyond any expectations I could have hoped for. On days when our house seems quiet, when the phone doesn’t seem to  ring or the calendar seems uncomfortably empty I need to remember that community exists…I just need to chose to be aware of it!

A little side photo…I got to push this little nugget as we strolled through the zoo…it was her first time to sit like a big kid beside her big brother (B was less than interested in riding the majority of the time…at least I have A as a captive rider for the time being).

IMG_7354

Praise God for community He provides.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment