Saturday, April 16, 2011

Oh How Life Has Changed…

IMG_5345

Gone are the days of…

-Hectic Saturday afternoon errands and house projects

-Reading a book cover to cover within just a few days

-Trying to woo C by my “beauty” (as identified by my fantastic choice of apparel and protruding belly)

-C watching baseball games from the comfort of the couch

-A living room free of diggers, train cars, stuffed animals and little people shoes

Instead…

-We are home to provide B with his much needed afternoon nap!

-I am working my way through a book that I have been reading since November

-I am lounging (quite literally and not very femininely) in jeans that have an elastic waist that almost reaches my chin and an old running shirt

-C is watching a baseball game on the floor with his head propped up on a pillow as he rubs my feet

-Our living room floor is filled with evidence of our home’s youngest inhabitant

I don’t think either C or I could have imagined how much life might someday change…especially while dating or being newly married.

I am so grateful for life as we know it today…I am grateful for lazy weekend afternoons, grateful to be comfortable enough to lounge and be seen at less than my best, grateful for C’s flexibility and willingness to rub my feet, grateful for all the diggers and trains that populate our living room…grateful for the life the Lord has graciously provided us with!

Life will only continue to change…so we better savor life as we know it right now!

Happy Saturday!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment