Monday, April 4, 2011

Have Patience, Have Patience…

Don’t be in such a hurry!

I have been trying to mutter the lyrics of this song (from Sunday school when I was little) to myself this week as we wait filled with anticipation for baby A’s arrival.

As of this weekend, I am officially the most pregnant that I have ever been. I now admit how “spoiled” we were with B’s arrival at 37 weeks…he was healthy and ready to make his big debut…which meant that I didn’t have to make it to week 38, 39, 40, etc.

This weekend, I went to get myself a pedicure, asked C to rub my feet, ate pineapple by the bowl full, enjoyed a couple “spicy” meals and took several walks…all in effort to try to move things along.

After making myself crazy, I have been humbly reminded that the Lord has already decided the day and the time of our little girl’s arrival…remembering Psalm 139…

“13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.”

and…

“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21

This week (and until little A arrives) I desire to be a better steward of the gift of pregnancy we have been given. To not wish away this time that little A has to get ready for the great big world and for us to enjoy our precious little B.

I’m sure I will still find excuses to walk and ask C to rub my feet…but as of today, the desire of my heart to is to try to let go and not take A’s delivery into my own hands but rather to trust in God’s timing and plan for our littlest one and to really savor the little bit of time that we have left as a family of three.

IMG_5127

Thank you for your prayers for baby A’s delivery…for B’s transition to big brotherhood and for C’s and my transition to parenting and loving two little ones!

Happy 37 plus weeks (Monday).

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment