Saturday, September 18, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

In the past week and a half we have had service repairmen out to fix our air conditioner, washing machine and dryer…needless to say it has been quite a few days in our neck of the wood!

The air conditioner and dryer were able to be repaired (thank goodness). We learned on the third service visit that the washer was well past its prime and ready to be replaced (unless we were okay with not having a spin cycle).

C and B worked to pull dripping wet clothes out from the old machine…

IMG_3995

And then worked hard to get the new machine ready to rewash the same load of clothes!

IMG_3997 

I found myself wincing and biting my lips as I watched C and the delivery man “maneuver” (really push and prod) the new machine into its tight little home (the two had less than a quarter of an inch to work with).

All in all, this momma couldn’t be more excited. Our old machine sounded like it was about to take off each time it ran, which I guess was part of the problem. The delivery man assured us that this one would be much quieter…and to all of our amazement…it actually is!

Now I am faced with the task of conquering a week and a half’s worth of laundry…typically I would be less than thrilled, but I am actually happy to do it!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment: