Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall?!?

Fall is one of my favorite times of year…No other time of year does Starbucks sells their famous “Pumpkin Spice Lattes”, grocery stores stock shelves with candy and HONEY CRISP APPLES ARE FINALLY IN SEASON!

One of my favorite aspects of Minnesota is the fall. I am the first to admit that I romanticize my memories of Minnesota in the fall…but even still I miss the air getting cool, the leaves changing, t-shirts and shorts being  replaced with sweaters and long pants, drinking hot chocolate at football games, etc. eat.

One especially fond fall memory that really sticks out in my mind is going to the apple orchard to pick apples. I can remember riding the tractor out to what seemed like the depths of the orchard to pick a basket full of apples.  After the picking, we would anxiously await a taste of cider as my mom and dad purchased the apples that we had so carefully chosen.

The return of honey crisp apples (my absolute favorite) has graciously reminded me of my sweet fall memories. Just biting into one seems to taste like fall to me, truly.

Here’s to memories, hopefully the start of fall in Cowtown (weather-wise) and apples!!!!

p.s. honey crisp apples make fantastic homemade applesauce!!!

IMG_0188

I came across this photo earlier today…this was B on his first trip to an apple orchard in Maine last fall.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment