Sunday, October 25, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend in Minnesota

We got home from Maine, unpacked, did several loads of laundry, repacked and headed up to Minnesota for a little dose of fall and and my cousin's wedding... My cousin's baby, Mia, was born about three weeks before B. It was so fun to see both babies together and to watch them experience the wedding reception...music...dancing...they seemed to love it, despite the fact that both babies were up quite a bit past their typical bed times!
B really enjoyed his dancing shoes...so much he decided to eat them!

Dancing with Uncle Jeff...not quite sure about all of the other guests dancing...


It wouldn't be a trip to Minnesota without a run around Lake Harriet...We bundled B up and he enjoyed a nap while we ran around the lake...notice that the true "Texan" is wearing shorts and the true "Minnesotan" is wearing pants, a long sleeved shirt and a down vest!

B showing off his synchilla, otherwise known as the "Cookie Monster" suit to Uncle Jamey



One morning, we walked to one of my favorite pancake houses for breakfast...I was able to enjoy my favorite item on the menu, delicious yogurt, fruit and granola!

B enjoyed being bundled up in the stroller sleeping bag on the walk to breakfast and on the runs...he looked so cute in his little hat...



We were even able to sneak in some quick time with our dear friend Mackenzie...our Caribou dates are few and far between!

On a quick visit to my grandparents house, B tried out a rocking chair that belonged to me when I was little...


My grandparents were taking care of Mia, so B got a little "cousin" time (I think technically it is second cousin once removed?)


B enjoyed a good bear hug while he visited..hugs and time in Minnesota is few and far between, but we will take what ever time we can get and are so grateful for the memories! Bri...thanks for giving us a chance to celebrate with you and Andy...and the rest of our family!


Enjoying rice cereal with Gram...one of my perks of visiting...it was a treat to hand of this daily ritual to my mom...she thought it to be quite novel...and I thought it to be a nice break!


We are looking forward to our next trip and hope that we are able to connect and catch up with more of our family and friends.

1 comment: