Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Recipe!

I was able to have some friends from B's and my "Mommy & Me" yoga class over for lunch today. We enjoyed some fantastic pasta, the recipe was from a friend from high school...she gave it to me at one of my wedding showers and this is the first time I have tried it. It was so good that I felt like I needed to post the recipe to share...if anyone ever reads our blog...and you feel so inclined to try it...I hope you enjoy it!

Chicken with Dried Cranberry Pasta

4 boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 lb. package of Rotini pasta, cooked and drained
1-1/2 packages of dried cranberries
1 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup light (made with olive oil) mayo
1/2-3/4 cup Brianna's Brand Poppy Seed Dressing
Fresh baby spinach (optional)

Brown the chicken in oil
Cut into bite-sized pieces
Mix remaining ingredients together (pasta, chicken and everything else)
Refrigerate until chilled
*Add a little more poppy seed dressing to the entire salad just before serving

If you are using the spinach, add just before serving

***This recipe makes a lot! So it would work great for a larger gathering or you could split it in half***

No comments:

Post a Comment