Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One More Recipe

I promise, I won't replace our photos and life happenings with recipes, but this is another fall favorite...I have had a couple people ask me for it so I thought I would share it...

Layered Pumpkin Loaf

1 can canned pumpkin
1 cup plus 2 tbs. sugar (divided)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 egg whites, divided
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. package of neufchatel (cream cheese) softened

preheat over to 350 degrees
grease a bread loaf pan
Mix:
pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, 3 of the egg whites, milk and oil in a large bowl
Add flour, baking powder, pie spice, and salt & stir until moistened
set aside; in another bowl beat the neufchatel cheese, remaining sugar (2tbs) and the last egg white with wire whisk until blended

pour half of the batter into the loaf pan, spoon the neufchatel cheese mixture evenly over batter; pour the remaining batter over the cheese mixture

bake for 60-65 minuets of until baked all the way through (check with a tooth pick).

Enjoy!
It is what I would imagine fall to taste like...in a sweet bread form!
(recipe taken from Kraft Food and Family magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment