Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

Last Sunday was a special…glorious day.

I got baptized.

Let me explain…

I was baptized as a baby, which I believe was a powerful expression of my parent’s earnest desire to raise me in a believing home. I came to know Jesus Christ personally in middle school. The years since have been filled with various trial & joys as God has grown and continues to refine my faith…especially the past 18 months!  I believe that choosing to be baptized was an outer expression of the inward transformation that happened in my heart several years ago.

Our church doesn’t have a baptismal, instead, a member of our church, opens up her home, which is on a beautiful lake, as a place for the baptismal service/celebration to take place.

Each person being baptized gets a chance to share their testimony before being baptized…listening to each was such a tangible reminder of how creative God is in drawing people to Himself .

Families and friends are invited to celebrate…which was a powerful reminder of the community of believers we are surrounded by! And at the end, everyone sang The Doxology…it was beautiful!

IMG_0257

IMG_0256

The entire experience was so humbling and such a gift. As I was submerged into the water, I almost felt like time was standing still…similar to how I felt as I walked down the aisle to meet C on our wedding day.

IMG_0268

C had been dialoging with B about baptism the week leading up to the celebration…it was was a gift to see in (while I was in the lake) B perched up on a rock, eyes wide open as he watched what C and he had talked about transpire before his very eyes. It is our earnest prayer that we find ourselves cheering B and A on someday (maybe alongside the same shoreline) as they publically affirm their own relationships with Jesus Christ.

IMG_0299

Countless people have and continue to play a role in my walk with the Lord…a few were able to join in the celebration…it was such an honor to celebrate with them.

IMG_0312

We sang this song at church on Sunday before the service…it felt quite appropriate and brought such joy to my heart and tap to my toes as I got to sing ‘Oh, happy day, happy day You washed my sin away. Oh, happy day, happy day I’ll never be the same, forever I am changed’…it truly was a glorious day, one I will never forget!

May your hearts be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is a happy day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Baptism is such a beautiful picture of God's grace washing over us.Thank you for sharing and allowing us to celebrate with you threw your blog! What a blessing of a day!!!

    ReplyDelete