Sunday, January 3, 2010

Glad you asked…

So this may last all of one blog post (assuming this gets published), but I may start throwing out a few of my answers to questions that Sara and I ask each other (really just my answers, Sara can post if she feels the need to).  If that doesn’t really make sense, well I understand because that is a pretty vague opening to a random post.  So here goes.

So we were having breakfast at Panera last Saturday morning {the bakery was closed which forced us to expand our horizons (read: dig through the gift card pile to see where we were going)} and I asked Sara what her all-time Fort Worth day of eating would look like.  She answered (because she loves those types of questions) and then I replied thusly:

6:00 AM – Yogi’s Bagel Cafe

- Ham and Cheese Omelet

- Home Fries

- Wheat Toast

- 3 or 4 cups of black coffee – I would probably go mostly Vanilla Nut, but may get crazy with a Hazelnut cup thrown in there.

Now why did I go with Yogi’s over Montgomery Street Cafe?  Good question.  But once you get through the rest of my day’s meals, you will see why it just wouldn’t be good to start off with the grease laden ham and cheese omelet, hash browns, and the 5w-30 black coffee they serve.  But for the record, that is most likely my favorite breakfast in funky town, but that breakfast wouldn’t set me up for success the rest of the day.

11:00 AM – Chipotle

- Chicken Burrito with rice, black beans, chicken, sour cream, the “hot” hot sauce, cheese, lettuce.

- Their tap water (I can’t explain it but the water out of their soda machine is the perfect compliment to a well constructed burrito)

3:00 PM – Chipotle

- Chicken Burrito with rice, black beans, chicken, sour cream, the “hot” hot sauce, cheese, lettuce.

- Chips and Guacamole

- 1 Dos Equis

Yeah, I like Chipotle that much.  And if you are doubting my ability here let me throw out a few items of note.  I have eaten at Chipotle 4 separate times in one day before.  Also, I have eaten 2 burritos and a full order of chips and guacamole a handful of times.  I can do it and I would do it with flying colors.

8:30 PM – Rocco’s Wood Fire Pizza

- 1 Large Pepperoni Pizza

- 2 Peroni

So that is it.  That day of eating would make my heart pretty happy. 

There are a few honorable mention candidates, but maybe I will throw those out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment