Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Song

My heart was convicted this afternoon by James 5 verse 13 it reads…

Is anyone in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing a song of praise.”

I love the first part of the verse that reminds us that when times of trouble come…as they often do…we are called to pray because the Lord has everything under control…even if we feel like the world around us is spinning violently out of control.

The last part of the verse about being happy also really resonated in my heart…we have so much to be happy about and so much to be thankful for…especially as we are beginning this new year and reflecting on the past year.

Just last night, I realized just how thankful I am for C’s job and the insurance that it allows our family to have.  I had been feeling a little under the weather, and the insurance afforded me to go to the doctor and get antibiotics so that I could get better. Thank you Lord!

Today could have been a really mundane day around the house being cooped up because of the cold weather outside…but instead this verse reminded me of the small blessings and my need to be “happy” and thankful…So here is my song…I think that title will be “Thankful”…

Lord,

I am thankful for the opportunities that I do have to be at home with B.

I am thankful for the errand B and I got to run today so that we could listen to the new cd that I got as a gift in the car.

I am thankful for the car that we have that brought us home safely.

I am thankful for the coats that we had to put on in the cold.

I am thankful for the warm house we were able to come back to.

I am thankful for our friend Ms. Julie who came over to visit B.

I am thankful for the cookies that I was able to bake in our oven that heats up. 

I am thankful for the washer and dryer we have that allow us to have clean and dry clothes. 

I am thankful for having clothes that need to be washed.

I am thank for the sewing machine that I was able to use to mend some clothes. 

I am thankful for the iron that helped to press the wrinkles out of the clothes. 

I am thankful for an unexpected phone call from my cousin who is expecting her first baby!

I am thankful for naptime and the chance to get some of the above accomplished.

I am thankful for leftovers, and the chance to have a night off from making dinner.

I am thankful for the upcoming weekend and chance to sleep in on Saturday morning.

I am thankful for the family time we will be able to have this weekend.

I am thankful for the opportunity to go to church on Sunday…

I find myself being blown away by the large and small blessings in my life. I am so thankful for my sweet husband, our healthy baby, our family, our friends, our jobs, our health, our precious Ella…our warm home (especially this week)…it is so easy to bogged down and stuck in the rut of everyday life and forget the blessings…and our songs of happy praise…

Thank You Lord!

1 comment:

  1. And I am thankful for you...your sweet, tender, loving spirit is such an inspiration. I love you forever, for always, and no matter what!!!

    ReplyDelete