Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Please Pray

I learned about the Haiti earthquake just before I went to bed last night…I humbly admit that I thought, “that is really sad” but then was able to get a good normal night’s sleep…

When I woke up this morning…I remembered the quake and immediately thought about our sponsored child, Balde, who lives in Haiti. I went through our paper work to try to figure out where he and his family of 5 live and believe that they live just outside of where the epicenter of the quake was…

Then I turned the news on and was flooded with images of frightened children…some of whom may have lost family members, their homes, their schools and may be the most frightened that they will ever will be in their entire lives…most of which probably happened while I was comfortably sleeping…

I am saddened that my heart wasn’t called to prayer last night…but want to lift up the precious little ones’ whose lives have been turned upside down this morning. It is awesome to know that God knows each of their names, He knows how many hairs are on top of each of their heads and He loves them. 

Please pray that Balde and his family would be safe and pray for all the other little children in Haiti who are hurting this morning…please pray that they would feel the hands of Jesus wrapped around them!

No comments:

Post a Comment