Monday, February 4, 2013

New Years Christmas Celebration

I wish we had done a better job of capturing our New Years Christmas celebration with my family…we forgot the camera at home and the lack of photos proves to be our natural consequence!

We rung in the New Year with none other than Aebleskiver for breakfast (a Christmas morning tradition).

B helped his Gram make the batter for the delicious breakfast treat.

DSC00041

My mom and I worked ‘double time’ in front of the stove to make sure that there was enough of the Danish goodness to go around the table. We giggled as we worked and reminisced about past Christmases when we’d made this meal and commented (of course humbly) at how ‘skilled’ we’d gotten! (the new non-stick pans are really what have made us good, we can’t take the credit!)

DSC00051

For breakfast, in typical pup-fashion (we have 4 golden pups that join almost all of our family festivities)…we enjoyed wagging tails and slobbery tongues from underneath the table. My grandparents (and all the other adults) were quite patient as the pup and nugget chaos ensued.  We enjoyed breakfast together and got to hear about everyone’s Christmases.

This photo is a bit blurry but captures breakfast.

DSC00058

B was delighted to sit between his Gram and Grandpa as he ate…this meant Chocolate milk to his heart’s content and heaps of powder sugar to go alongside his Aebleskiver (at one point, I caught his literally eating the sugar with a spoon!)

DSC00054

Afterwards, we enjoyed exchanging gifts…at this point both A and B had the unwrapping bit down, so much that they offered their services to their very patient aunts and uncles!

DSC00109

Little A was the recipient of this apron, she wore it all morning!

DSC00093

While B was grateful to receive some of his very own ‘power’ tools..of which cut open almost every box, bag…item (using the tools) in the living room itself!

DSC00092

I continued my tradition as the ‘worst surprise keeper’…everyone is laughing here because I gave away my gift, just as Aunt A was opening it (I guess the suspense gets to me)!  A was gracious and acted surprised none-the-less.

DSC00083

The morning was filled with lots of delicious food and even more laughing. It was a treat to be together and celebrate.

Merry (belated) Christmas!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment