Monday, June 11, 2012

Blessed!

Tonight the doorbell rang…I answered it and look what I found!!!!

To my surprise and honor, I found a driveway filled with sweet neighbors and friends all ready to celebrate my upcoming birthday.

They brought roses from backyard gardens, cards, gifts, bubbles, a balloon and most importantly…ice cream!!!!

surprise party

It was such a gift to become acquainted with new faces and watch kiddos run play as they wore themselves out in the yard.  The squeals of  joy over bubbles and ice cream brought such simple joy to my heart.

I couldn’t be more grateful for the neighborhood that God has blessed us with…both C and I often stand in awe of how thankful we are.

I have such sweet memories of growing up surrounded by my neighborhood friends and look forward to our kiddos enjoying the same. I also look forward to barrowing cups of sugar, taking care of kiddos in a pinch, hearing stories about older neighbors raising their families and sharing life with these sweet people.

What a surprise and a sweet way to kick off this birthday week.

K…thank you thank you thank you! I am so humbled by your friendship…thanks for loving our family well.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment