Monday, June 11, 2012

Birthday Surprise

I’m a little late on this post, but couldn’t let it slip under the radar screen.

For C’s birthday, I was able to pull off (with the gracious help of family and our friends) a surprise that C had no idea was coming.

Let me explain…this year was sort of a big birthday for CSmile, a milestone of sorts…when I thought planning a celebration my heart hurt as so many of the people whom he might feel celebrated by are down south…so, I put a little bug in a friend’s ear to see if their family might want to come up for a quick trip…to surprise C and to sneak in a little vacation of sorts.

I never could have imagined that these friends might take me up on my crazy idea…but they did…and their sweet little family ventured north to our neck of the wood to help C celebrate!

IMG_7061

I wish I had been better about snapping photos…I guess I got caught up in relishing in my own enjoyment of C’s surprise that I sort of forgot.

Our time was pretty simple…watching kiddos…laughing…eating…banana-grams…soggy boat riding…more eating…more laughing…catching up on life in Texas…sharing little snip-its of Minnesota.

God has blessed us so graciously by these friends…we hope we might be able to do it again sometime…and of course look forward to visits down south as well.

Thank you sweet friends…your visit was such a gift!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment