Tuesday, December 27, 2011

All in a Day’s Work…

The majority of our house has hardwood floors…something I really appreciate as I can’t (our family) can’t seem to keep carpet free from stains.

One of the only spots left with carpet has been the room in which our computer resides…a room that would benefit from a good home improvement makeover on many levels as is evidenced by the lovely periwinkle wall color as seen below.

I have joked with C that he better be careful in that one day he might come home and see that I have pulled the carpet up during naptime in an effort to ditch the plush and go for a more clean hardwood look.

Well today…that joking became a reality! I quite literally decided I had had enough with vacuuming and trying to keep the carpet clean so I tried pulling up a corner of the carpet in the closet just to take a peak. 

This is before…

IMG_8690

Lets just say one thing led to another and I found myself on a role!  I can’t take all the credit. C graciously helped me finish my ridiculous task when he got home. 

IMG_8426

I have absolutely no idea how one might actually sand and refinish hardwood floors but hope to be a quick learner (though I honestly think it looks better now unfinished without baseboard than it did earlier this afternoon).

I will gladly take the blame for adding one more iron to our already exploding fire of home improvement projects…but am thrilled (as is C) to see evidence of progress in our neck of the wood!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment