Monday, November 7, 2011

Ugghhhh!

So it turns our that potty training is SUPER SUPER HARD!

Seriously, one of the hardest things we have attempted to date!

I even admit that teaching a classroom filled with preschoolers is easier  than helping our own little guy understand the potty process!

Let me paint a picture (promise, I won’t provide a literal one)…

This morning, B woke up and sat on the potty for a bit. When I encouraged him to get up to go play, he politely declined. I assumed that was okay, I mean what kid actually wants to sit on the potty?

Less than five-or-so minutes  later I noticed that he had gotten up and was looking at something on the floor…yep, he was looking at a real human specimen of his very own POOP!

When I asked him why he didn’t put it in the potty he said “It’s on the floor, I need my diaper!” (WE WERE SO CLOSE!!!!!)

I proceeded to help him clean it up (I helped because I didn’t want poop all over the family room) and then he offered to sit on the potty again…and asked if he could watch Potty Power (which we all have memorized) for the 25th time since Friday… REALLY!?!!?!

B continues to floor us by his desire to sit, we just wish this sitting on the potty would transpire into actually figuring it out!

I have done more laundry in the past 72 hours than I typically wash in one week…but deep down know that this too shall pass and praise God for a healthy little boy who has a body that even allows him to pee and poop!

Happy Monday.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment