Monday, October 25, 2010

Someday is Here…

Recently, we have been doing a lot of cleaning out in our neck of the wood.  As we have gone through boxes, I have found several items from my old classroom that I had packed away for our kids to hopefully enjoy someday.

While cleaning, I stumbled upon this stacking pegs activity and let B go at it…he loved it (I think more than the kids in my class ever did)!

Watching B build takes me back to my childhood. My grandparents had a huge foam peg board like this that my little brothers would build peg towers on. I can remember one brother standing on the fireplace hearth as another brother handed him the pegs to stack the tower as high as they both cold reach. It’s so fun to be reliving the memory through the eyes of our own little builder.

I love how these photos capture the intensity of his play…

IMG_4199

IMG_4200

IMG_4201

IMG_4202

IMG_4204

I had to sneak this photo in just because. As I was snapping the photos, he took a break from his building, climbed into my lap and smiled for a little “self take”.

Happy Monday.

Be blessed.

p.s. I owe B a huge apology…he wasn’t the culprit who lost our camera…nope, not at all! It was actually me! When we went to pack out swim lesson back up this past weekend, I found it! I must have forgotten to unpack the bag last week. Lesson learned. I am sorry B!  I am so grateful to be able to continue capturing his little life.

No comments:

Post a Comment