Friday, January 4, 2013

Advent Books

IMG_2249

Last Christmas, a friend had the idea of wrapping up each of their family’s Christmas books for Advent. The idea was to open one book each day, to sort of ration the crazy amount of books that come out this time of year to better savor each for enjoyment and to help little ones wrap their hearts around the true meaning of Christmas.

I remember hearing about the idea and tucking it away in my mind, hoping I’d muster the energy to wrap up 25 books this Christmas…which I surprisingly did!

With that said, it was a total hit…the nuggets loved it!  Each night, after brushing teeth and getting ready for bed we found the wrapped package corresponding with the day of the month tore it opened and enjoyed.

I wanted to share some of the titles we came across…each were great, the ones with *** were fantastic (in our opinion). I don’t know if anyone will reference this list, but if anything it will at  least provide me with a reminder for next year. I hope to keep collecting as the nuggets get older and look forward to title suggestions from other nugget parents!

 

Who is Coming to Our House? by, Joseph Slate

My Little Christmas Story by, Christina Goodings

***Happy Birthday Jesus! by, Michelle Medlock Adams

Christmas in the Manger by, Nola Buck

Angel! Angel! What Do You See? by, Cherie Pless Dittmer

***Stable in Bethlehem: A Countdown to Christmas by, Joy N. Hulme

***Twinkle Twinkle Christmas Star by, Christine Harder Tangvald

***A Star for Jesus by, Crystal Bowman

***Christmas Angels by, Crystal Bowman

***J is for Jesus: The Sweetest Story Ever Told by, Crystal Bowman

***My Christmas Gift by, Crystal Bowman

***Jesus, Me and My Christmas Tree by, Crystal Bowman

***My Christmas Stocking: Filled with God’s Love by, Crystal Bowman –Addresses St. Nick (Santa)

The Christmas Star by, Marcus Pfister

***The Crippled Lamb by, Max Lucado

***Humphrey’s First Christmas by, Carol Heyer

***Mortimer's Christmas Manger by, Karma Wilson & Jane Chapman

Punchinello and the Most Marvelous Gift by, Max Lucado

Alabaster’s Song: Christmas though the Eyes of an Angel by, Max Lucado

Unwrapping the Christmas Creche by, Lisa Flinnn and Barbara Younger

Tonight You Are My Baby: Mary’s Christmas Gift by, Jeannine Q. Norris

Long Ago in Bethlehem by, Jerry Smath

Mary’s Baby by, Jane Chapman

The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving by, Jan and Mike Berenstain

B is for Bethlehem: A Christmas Alphabet by, Isabel Wilner

The Little Shepherd’s Christmas by, Carol Heyer

This is the Stable by, Cynthia Cotton

The Christmas Baby by, Marion Dane Bauer

A Star So Bright: A Christmas Tale by, M. Christine Butler

The Christmas Story by,  Maggie Downer

 

 

Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Love your list! I will have to check out the Crystal Bowman books. We just bought her devotional for preschoolers.
    I am so glad that this blessed you! We really liked Song of the Stars by Sally Lloyd Jones.

    ReplyDelete